- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
When you purchase one of our products we record your name and address in order to be able to ship your product to you. If you opt in for our newsletter we record your email address. Our website contains a Google Analytics script that gathers data about the usage of our site. The recorded usage patterns are anonymous.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide First Principals with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Place an order
- Sign up for our newsletter
How will we use your data?
First Principals collects your data so that we can:
- Ship you your order
- Keep you up-to-date with our activities and new products
How do we store your data?
First Principals does not store any of your data itself. Instead we build our business on external services. These services are responsible for storing and protecting your data. We carefully select the external services we choose to use to ensure they are reputable and can be trusted with your data. Data you provide when you place an order is stored by our e-commerce provider Big Cartel. When you sign up for our newsletter your data is saved by Mailchimp.
First Principals would like to (occasionally) send you updates about our products. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop First Principals from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter using the link at the bottom of the email.
What are your data protection rights?
First Principals would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request First Principals for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that First Principals correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request First Principals to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that First Principals erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that First Principals restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to First Principals processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that First Principals transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. Cookies are also necessary to ensure our website functions correctly. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Enabling you to place an order on our store
- Understanding how you use our website (browsing behaviour)
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - Cookies that are essential to the proper functioning of the website.
- Usage patterns - Cookies that enable us to record your browsing behaviour so we can understand how you are using the site (Google Analytics).
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites and external services
How to contact us